Saturday, April 10, 2010

Update

Well, I am thinking that this might be an update from Haiti on the project, but then again its early am and at the best of times, I'm prone to wonder.
I just got up, thought that I might do something productive.  Last night, I talked to a friend on skype - questionable connection, but they bore with me through it.  Certainly some things to think about.  Afterwards, I sat and listened to worship music for a while before turning in.

So, I now have a morning coffee and I am listening to the same worship CD as I am writing this.  Just listened to "How great is our God", "Here I am to worship", "Famous One" among others.  Awesome and uplifting.  I guess that I am actually doing more listening and worshiping than writing.  That might be good - this post might be shorter than most.

"How great how awesome is He".  Just trying to let the depth of that sink in - even just a little.  I realize that we all connect with God in different ways, but seems at least with me that coming into a place of awe and worship connects my spirit with His.  Not that the messages aren't great, so please Pastors don't take this the wrong way.  I do listen, but I often find the time of praise and worship is where I can really connect with Him.  Last Sunday, I went to Port au Prince Fellowship - and found that to be exactly the case - it was the time of worship that brought me close to God.  Okay, I've just cleared the tears from my eyes and I am now getting ready to write. 

I have had my share of mistakes and disappointments in life both as a non-Christian and as a Christian.  Far from perfect, but God seems to stand in the gap.  Through some of my most difficult times, I work out the stress with physical activity - and gain peace and perspective by simply praising and worshiping God in that very time.

"It's all about You, Jesus".  How true.  This song brings back awesome memories of Gods provision in my time of need.  Difficult and painful times, where I would ride long distances on my bicycle listening to worship music.  Probably not a recommended strategy for safety reasons, but an awesome one, for me at least, spiritually.

I am surprised the route that I've gone in this post - wasn't thinking about sharing along these lines - I actually was thinking about the project when I sat down and also about Mr Piggerton.  Thinking about erasing and starting over.  But, decided to leave as a little glimpse into me. 

I know that many of you will understand what I am sharing.  I know that as a non-believer and as a young Christian, that I would not have understood. 

We have just come through the Easter weekend where we remember the suffering and the price that God paid for us.  Unique in all religions, not only did He suffer and die for us, He rose again.  That is why Christianity is not about rules, but is about developing our relationship with a living God.

There is substantive evidence to support these claims.  The best source of course is your bible, the number one best seller of all time.  I am thinking of a book that I read a while ago - Misquoting Jesus - an expert in textual criticism claims to poke holes in the text of the bible.  He comes up far short - I do not recommend wasting your time on that book - the only thing misquoted is the title.  Gives me great confidence though, when a critic and an expert really can't poke holes in the message of the bible.  You can trust the accuracy and authenticity of your bible.  And secondly - look for a good Alpha course.  Thirdly, you can check out the apologetic section of your local Christian bookstore for good information.

Well not the post that I was expecting.  Perhaps one or two will follow.

No comments: