Friday, February 12, 2010

Lunch

I am sometimes puzzled by the economy on a micro or personal level.  Take lunch today as an example. 

I am eating my lunch right now as I am writing this.  I had actually gone to Epi D'Or (a local establishment) to get a sandwich for lunch.  It was however so busy at the sandwich counter that I stopped just inside the door, assessed the situation and decided to go to plan "B".  They make very good sub sandwiches at Epi D'Or - my favorites is call the Marsailles - ham and cheese on a sub sandwich - heated/toasted in an oven, then topped with lettuce, tomatoes, onion and sauce.  Very good.  I guess I must eat lunch there more often than I think - I went in one time around noon to buy some bread and the girl at the cash automatically rang in my sandwich.

Okay, so its very good and it costs 90 Gds - that's about $2.50 Cdn.

Today I went to plan B - went up the street to the supermarket.  Bought some cold meat - salami - and took it home to make lunch.  The cold meet alone cost me over 300 Gds. 

Guess I'll stay with plan A next time. 

No comments: