Friday, March 26, 2010

Painting La Forteresse

I promised a few pictures of the team from Fergus painting in our new building and here they are.
Unfortunately I found many of my pictures had people from behind only or had their heads and shoulders chopped off.  I don't mean that literally - what I mean to say is hidden behind the beam that they were painting at the time. 

Judging from the photos I would say that it was back breaking and tedious work that we threw at them and the team resounded brilliantly.  Unfortunately our sample colors that you see in one photo were not the right ones - so the team got to paint white, white and more white.  The primer and the finishing coat (which in many places it took three coats on top of the primer).

Many thanks for a job well done and for offering a smile for the camera.

The last picture is in the basement where the children's ministry for ages 2-6 will hold their services.  All of the other pictures are on the first floor which will become the cafeteria for the feeding program.

I have reduced the size of the pictures for speed of access - you would appreciate that if you were here in Haiti or if you have a low speed connection.  If you click on the picture it will open up in a larger window, if you right click, you have some more options.  If you would like a higher resolution picture - please ask and I can send you the original full size image via e-mail.  Just post a comment containing your e-mail address and tell me which one you'd like.



No comments: